Here you will find our newsletters
I have been at Glemsford for just over a year now and can honestly say, “I have loved it!” I feel extremely privileged to be Headteacher of such a wonderful school, with great pupils, parents and staff. The brilliant Summer Fete really demonstrated the support that you all give the school and helped raise nearly £900. The year has whizzed by and there have been many highlights:
- The brilliant productions the children have performed so confidently in.
- The snow day, where the children experienced the opportunity of covering Mr Scott and myself with snow.
- Our superb Ofsted inspection and subsequent report and rather large banner!
- The many trips the children have been on.
- The support we receive from parents, friends and relatives in reading mornings and celebration assemblies.
- Sports day in the splendid sunshine.
- Our netball team winning the Stour Valley tournament.
- The brilliant Summer Fete led by FOGS, followed by the football!
- And many, many more.
I look forward to many more fantastic memories in the future - both in and outside the classroom. Next year, there will be a few changes but I am very happy to report that the staffing changes are minimal.
- Laura Browne will be leaving us at the end of this term. I would like to personally thank Laura for the many years she has worked at Glemsford as a teaching assistant and wish her every luck in her future ventures.
- Mrs Dobedoe will continue to work every other Tuesday in a Maths Advisory Role. We are hopeful Mrs Corke will teach the class on these days.
- We are changing assemblies slightly for September. All assemblies will now be in the morning apart from Friday assemblies. Friday’s celebration assembly will carry on at 2.45pm as normal but class teachers will no longer be there and all certificates will now be handed out by myself, Mr Scott or Mrs Martin. The reason behind this decision is that all class teachers will have their entitled release time from class on a Friday afternoon. This means each child will be taught on a Friday afternoon by one of our excellent teaching assistants and will allow teachers to plan together for the following week.
Finally, thanks to everyone who has supported the school this year. It has been another great year for results across the school but, more importantly, children enjoy coming to our school. I am always happy to listen to any suggestions you have to make the school even better. There will be a chance to meet your child`s new class teacher on Thursday 6th September at 3.30pm. I wish you all a great Summer holiday and will see you in September.