Please see the link below
Actions from Parent feedback
Glemsford Primary Academy is a learning community in which every person is valued and their opinion matters. We believe in TRUST, AMBITION and COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY. This means that we are all responsible for the school and it's future successes.
With this in mind, we have recorded below some of the constrctive feedback we have received from parents and what we have done about it.
1. Improve communication between school and home.
2. We need to know about up and coming events sooner, and need reminding nearer the time.
3. Messages from home to school need to be responded to more quickly.
4. We would like more clubs.
5. The school should not do a two clubs limit.
1. We have introduced a paper-less system so that fewer letters are coming home in children’s book-bags. We have moved to ParentMail, which is a secure email system so that all parents and carers receive communications from us immediately. We can record when these were sent, and when they were opened – so we know when messages are getting through.
2. We have introduced a Termly Calendar of events and trips, which goes out to all parents and carers in the holiday preceding each term. We have asked all teaching staff to plan further ahead, so that letters for school trips and events are sent out well in advance.
3. We have introduced a clip board for every class, in which important messages are written everyday; the teachers check this clip-board every afternoon before the children go home.
4. We have moved from three after school clubs in 2015 to over twenty after-school and lunchtime clubs today, ranging from sports to cookery, gardening, photography, arts and crafts and many more. We will soon be holding our first Clubs Exhibition for parents.
5. The paying clubs are no longer included in this two-club limit. After the sign up date, we will inform parents of any clubs that still have spaces left via ParentMail and these will be on a first-come first serve basis, regardless of other clubs attended – no limit.
Attention all parents!
Communicating with you is an important part of what we do, making sure you get the correct information about activities, newsletters, calendars, events and school news that really matters is something we care about.
As you know, the school is now using ParentMail, a service used by over 6,000 schools, nurseries and children’s clubs to communicate to parents.
To log in to your ParentMail go to www.parentmail.co.uk/login and go to ParentMailX
For help with your ParentMail account https://parentmail.co.uk/help/parenthelp/
Pop in if you have any problems, need to add a new account or general enquires.
We’d like to encourage all parents to download the APP as there are a number of benefits both to you and the school:
- You don’t need to login to pick up messages or attachments when you use the App.
- The App stores all the messages we send you in one place.
- Every message sent arrives as an instant alert on your mobile.
- You help save us money!
You can download the App for free from: